I am a thinker, problem-solver, do'er and designer.
My name is Ilyssa and I live just outside of Philadelphia with my daughter Lula, husband Dave, and brood of animals.
You can find me untangling the vines covering the property around my bungalow Cape Cod home, learning how to love bugs, dreaming of living in a forest by the sea, trying to figure out Twitter, listening to podcasts or plotting my next big project.
I'm currently a Senior Design Researcher & Strategist at P'unk Ave.
While my husband and I are anxiously awaiting the release of our book Campfire Stories in August 2018, I am currently seeking new opportunities—specifically in the realm of environmental conservation.
On occasion in my free time, I help friends and colleagues out with design research & strategy or facilitating workshops for people and things I care about, including: Made By We, Algotsson Design, and Weckerly's Ice Cream.
Download my resume here.
Previous gigs include:
- UX Designer & Strategist at andCulture
- Co-Organizer of Junto, a retreat for current or aspiring business leaders working to create a more thoughtful world.
- Design Fellow at the Mayor's Office of Sustainability for the City of Philadelphia
- Design & Communications Fellow at GoodCompany Ventures
Past projects include:
- Artist-in-Residence at the National Park Service
Dave Kyu and I hosted the event ‘I Will Hold You In The Light’ which brought together 6 diverse performers responding to the theme of ‘The Pursuit of Happiness.’
This project was made possible and supported by the 'Imagine Your Parks' grant from the NEA, along with the National Parks Service Independence National Historic Park and Mural Arts Program.