I am a thinker, problem-solver, do'er and designer.
My name is Ilyssa and I live just outside of Philadelphia with my husband Dave, daughter Lula and brood of animals. You can find me untangling my bungalow Cape Cod-style home from endless vines, learning how to love bugs, dreaming of living in a forest by the sea, listening to podcasts or plotting my next big project.
I am currently a freelance design researcher and strategist, and seeking select interesting and meaningful projects!
On occasion, I help friends and colleagues out with design research & strategy or facilitating workshops for people and things I care about, including: Made By We, Algotsson Design, and Weckerly's Ice Cream.
Download my resume here.
Previous gigs include:
- Senior Design Researcher & Strategist at P'unk Ave.
- UX Designer & Strategist at andCulture
- Co-Organizer of Junto, a retreat for current or aspiring business leaders working to create a more thoughtful world.
- Design Fellow at the Mayor's Office of Sustainability for the City of Philadelphia
- Design & Communications Fellow at GoodCompany Ventures
Past projects include:
- Artist-in-Residence at the National Park Service
Dave Kyu and I hosted the event ‘I Will Hold You In The Light’ which brought together 6 diverse performers responding to the theme of ‘The Pursuit of Happiness.’
This project was made possible and supported by the 'Imagine Your Parks' grant from the NEA, along with the National Parks Service Independence National Historic Park and Mural Arts Program.